Author Topic: R-Forum Home Base Under Assault by Mother Nature  (Read 2605 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: R-Forum Home Base Under Assault by Mother Nature
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2024, 09:50:20 PM »
Good to hear everything is beginning to move in a better direction for you Duane. Sorry, I've been busy on my end and not paying attention here for the moment.
I apologize. I hope you, your family, and your neighbors can begin the cleanup and rebuilding where necessary.

Our prayers are with you all.

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: R-Forum Home Base Under Assault by Mother Nature
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2024, 08:24:26 AM »
A little update...

We are completely fine and thankful.  Gas is back.  Most groceries are available, except eggs which seem to be in short supply.  Businesses on the mainland have largely reopened.  Every road is piled high with hurricane debris, and the local governments struggle to find capacity to remove it.

I finally surveyed some of the damage out on the beaches.  The structures are all largely intact but so many have to be gutted as a result of salt water intrusion.  There are piles of sand everywhere from sand that was washed up and left by the storm.  It will be a long time (and a lot of money) to get to "normal" on the barrier islands.

No signs of any tropical activity that will threaten the USA, and temps have really dropped.  I'm going to change the oil on the generator and stow it away (hopefully for a long time).

Thanks!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com