Author Topic: Why the name Pup & Ammo Recommendations  (Read 16451 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Why the name Pup & Ammo Recommendations
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »

What a great testament to the pup when she will digest food way past the "sell by" date. Peristalsis is alive and well in this fine weapon.

Those are my sentiments also.

I am often puzzled by the posts here and on forums for competing firearms that report problems with the R9. I've been carrying mine for 8-1/2 years now and it has exhibited no vices. And my R9 is a 2004 Farmingdale.

Keep your R9 clean and well lubricated, hold it with a grip firm enough to absorb the recoil forces exerted by the 9mm Parabellum cartridge on a 13-ounce pistol (the smallest and lightest such firearm yet produced), and you will have a weapon upon which you can depend -- all the time, every time.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 09:07:47 PM »

What a great testament to the pup when she will digest food way past the "sell by" date. Peristalsis is alive and well in this fine weapon.

Those are my sentiments also.

I am often puzzled by the posts here and on forums for competing firearms that report problems with the R9. I've been carrying mine for 8-1/2 years now and it has exhibited no vices. And my R9 is a 2004 Farmingdale.

Keep your R9 clean and well lubricated, hold it with a grip firm enough to absorb the recoil forces exerted by the 9mm Parabellum cartridge on a 13-ounce pistol (the smallest and lightest such firearm yet produced), and you will have a weapon upon which you can depend -- all the time, every time.
I have carried mine in a Milt Sparks shark pocket holster for eight years with no problems.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Do people have experience with 9mm Speer Lawman 124 grain TMJ ???
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »
I'm hoping the R9 like 9mm Speer Lawman 124 grain TMJ  as much as they like Gold Dots.

I do have 100 rds of Gold Dots, which I will start my R9 out on, but they're expensive...

I use Lawman 124 on the range all the time, but always finish with Gold Dot 124 or 147, keeping the remainder of the box for carry when no issues are encountered.  Lawman works fine in my pup.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Ghost Chili

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »
Yes, now that I have fired a variety of ammo in my R9 and it has proven extremely reliable, it does bring to mind the contradictory reports of the pistol being prone to jamming and all that.  As Richard said, I keep my R9 clean and clear out lint on a daily basis.  Every range session was done with a clean and lubed pistol and it was cleaned immediately upon returning home.  I do this to all my carry pistols.  On the other hand, a dirty, dry pistol that functions well is testament of a reliable firearm that will run under extreme conditions.  Perhaps if the R9 was made a bit "sloppier" like an AK, but then it would likely have horrible accuracy.