Author Topic: ADVICE FOR A NEWBIE PLEASE  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
Re: ADVICE FOR A NEWBIE PLEASE
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 12:52:29 AM »
Margator,

$1,000 plus IS a lot for a pocket pistol--as most on this forum know.  

IMHO you have picked up the finest small pistol available.  If you shoot it a bit and get acquainted with it I expect your buyer's remorse will evaporate.

Give it a try.  You will most likely be pleasantly surprised.  

FWIW, I can hit what I aim at with mine out to any reasonable self defense distance.  I do not do extended range sessions with it because it's just not made for that kind of action.  

Shoot, enjoy...
**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
Re: ADVICE FOR A NEWBIE PLEASE
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 09:21:09 PM »
Think of it as an investment.  It is an investment in dollars because they will surely go up.  And it is an investment in your future of shooting as you learn, gain experience, and get to be a better shot.   One day, down the road you will have need of a piece like it and at that time you can reach into your arsenal and it will be there.    When Buyer's remorse starts to get to you, say, "get thee behind me satan."  As that is what buyers remorse really is.   It is temptation to try and undue and act that you begin to feel guilty about but are secretly wishing you didn't.  

There are those who say one cannot have too many firearms.  I don't really believe that and people ask me if I am a collector.  I say, "no, just an accumulator."   But everyone I have has a spot and a use and I enjoy them all.   Granted I may not shoot them all every day and some like my 1911A1 militarys are in fact investments for a rainy day.   But others are working weapons which are ready to go when I need them.
You'll find one day that you will look back and be really glad you kept it.   Don't make it one of those things you wish you still had.   All of us have those items in our past.
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms