Author Topic: Dumb newbie question on Mag Release  (Read 5762 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Dumb newbie question on Mag Release
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 09:15:28 PM »

First, carefully mark out the teeth for cutting on the disc which will serve as the main gear . . . .  ;)

OK, I have that done   ;D  and  ??
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:23 PM »
Now what?    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 06:24:31 AM »
It's 6:24 a.m., E.D.S.T.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 01:20:39 PM »
i agree with what wolverine_450 said:

"...I don't view the R9 style mag catch to be a downside to the firearm. It does a great job for it's intended purpose. I would say it is one of the features that drew me to the gun.

I have carried KELTEC and the LCP and at some point or another I would end up with an unwanted released magazine! This has never happened in my 4 years of daily  carrying my R9."

in fact, another member has recently mentioned having the mag pop out with another brand of mini 9 having the side-mounted mag release, when carrying it in a pocket holster.

the rohrbaugh-style release is exactly what one needs with a pocket gun, particularly when it doesn't have a slide-stop to help in speed reloading and if you don't plan to carry a bunch of spare back-up mags.

if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline SandMan

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
i agree with what wolverine_450 said:

"...I don't view the R9 style mag catch to be a downside to the firearm. It does a great job for it's intended purpose. I would say it is one of the features that drew me to the gun.

I have carried KELTEC and the LCP and at some point or another I would end up with an unwanted released magazine! This has never happened in my 4 years of daily  carrying my R9."

in fact, another member has recently mentioned having the mag pop out with another brand of mini 9 having the side-mounted mag release, when carrying it in a pocket holster.

the rohrbaugh-style release is exactly what one needs with a pocket gun, particularly when it doesn't have a slide-stop to help in speed reloading and if you don't plan to carry a bunch of spare back-up mags.

'chocolate and vanilla' - that's why we need more than one flavor!! :D

I put the KelTec I carried for 6 years in the safe in favor of an R9 - VERY happy with that decision and will continue to carry the R9 -- but it is in spite of the mag release, not because of it. ;)