Author Topic: Customer Service / Gun Problems Solved  (Read 3362 times)

Offline dano1200r

Customer Service / Gun Problems Solved
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:26:27 PM »
I debated whether to post this. Hi Maria and Karl.  Long story short: I bought a R9S used. It had FTF/FTE problems and the trigger disconnect spring would not stay put rendering the weapon useless.  Additionally, I stipped the heel screw while reassembling after one of the spring disconnect occurances.  I had just sent in the warranty card and acknowledged I was not the original purchaser.  RFC had no obligation to fix multiple problems under their warranty. I knew this and accepted it. Caveat emptor.
Karl called me to let me know that aside from the bare frame, he replaced every component of this gun free, as if I had bought it new. He replaced the grips too.  Trigger.Slide. Barrell. Trigger springs. FP and hammer. Everything. New mag springs. New improved mag release (this is an early gun 11xx) He told me it tested fine. 115 Fed EaglesFMJ is what he used and it's 100% w/ 42 rounds of it for me.
He acts out of genuine concern. A conversation I'll try to remember. Use "one shot".

[glb][/glb][glb][/glb]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:06:31 PM by dano1200r »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Customer Service / Gun Problems Solved
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:17:44 PM »
dano.  Glad your R9S is as new again.  That is outstanding customer service and a personal call from Karl.  Great range session as well.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:27 PM »
Thanks for posting this experience. This is an excellent example to use caution on buying used guns but fortunately the factory rescued and rehabilitated this stray pup.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:24:06 PM by tracker »

Offline gdavis2265

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
Glad it worked out for you dano- I actually had the same question on warranty, I bought a new in the box - unfired piece (still has factory grease) from a private owner. Good to hear, I still need to call Maria on this. But, I must say with service like this I'm a life member and will hype and tell many friends. Truly an amazing company.

Glenn

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
the customer service at Rohrbaugh is tops, because of folks like Maria, Karl and Eric. They truly care.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 01:22:34 PM »
Sounds like another great customer service story form the Rohrbaugh Co. Glad it worked out for you.
  As I posted before I contacted Rohrbaugh about a grip that had come loose while shooting and and as a result the locating pin holes became oblong. They told me to send the grips in and they would replace them free of charge, and after returning the damaged grips, I received a call From Karl with some tips for preventing it from happening in the future.
  CS that goes well beyond what would be expected.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »
I do agree.  Superb indeed.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:32 AM »
Mr. Rohrbaugh was also kind enough to speak to me on the phone one time.  

However, since he is a doctor, I'm not going to be really happy until he makes a house call... ;)
**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 07:24:16 AM »
That would be quite a house call, for sure.  Wonder if he would charge by the mile?    ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 07:40:40 AM by kjtrains »

Offline cordy

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »
I have a problem on my new R9s pup. I am getting a lot of FTF (Failure to fire) and I don't know why. A friend gave me 50 rds, to start, of FMJ that he said was Winchester. I got about 50% FTF out of that so I purchased 25 rds of Hornady CD FTX. Same failure rate with that so I purchased 50 rds of Speer FMJ. Same failure rate.  It would appear that the striker is not hitting the cartridge hard enough or the cartridge is seated to far forward. Do you have any idea what might be going on before I call the factory?
Jimbo

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 12:20:02 AM »
cordy,
  Have you cleaned the gun? Maybe there is some sort of metal chip or filing in the firing pin channel causing the problem.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 12:35:43 AM »

I had the same thought.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 08:19:47 AM »
Same here.  Clean the R9 really good and then try some Gold Dots 115 gr. or 124 gr. as they should be easily found.  Do that before calling the factory.  Just my thoughts.

Offline cordy

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 10:51:56 AM »
That pistol is squeaky clean and oiled and had FTF on the 2nd & 3rd rds when new. I checked the firing pin several times to see if there was anything caught or blocking it's movement.  It blows my mind that it won't shoot quality ammo right out of the box & it surly can't be that fine tuned that it will only shoot one or two kinds of ammo.  How about you guys, does yours shoot different ammo?
Jimbo

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »
I've only fed mine four types of ammunition, but it's digested them all with no complaints -- Winchester "White Box" FMJ,  Winchester Silver Tips, Speer Gold Dots, and Remington Golden Sabers.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"