Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 5675 times)

Offline regalka

Re: New to forum
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 01:00:56 PM »
Richard,

I just ordered new springs from Maria who indicated 200 - 250 rounds between spring replacements.  I noticed at least a 1/4" reduction in size on the spring I replaced after firing 175 rounds on my first outing with the new R-9s.

Just my $.02.

Ron

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:13 PM »
Ron, that sounds good.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 05:10:36 PM »
Richard,

I just ordered new springs from Maria who indicated 200 - 250 rounds between spring replacements.  I noticed at least a 1/4" reduction in size on the spring I replaced after firing 175 rounds on my first outing with the new R-9s.

Just my $.02.

Ron

Anything Maria says, I take as gospel. Henceforth, 200-250 it shall be.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

OCD

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »
Well went to the outside range today. The weather was great but due to the Holiday and all the "snow birds" are down the range was pretty crowded. Kinda hard to concentrate when folks are firing big bore magnums or seeing how much ammo they can waste going rapid fire. ::)

Anyway, I shot 100 rounds combined of WWB, Mag Tech  FMC and Rem UMC JHP which I had.

No failures except 2 of the Rem JHP would not chamber the first round, re racked the slide and then fine.

Also, on maybe 3 or 4 occasions, the mag dropped out as the magazine release was not clipped in the little notch. After the first time I made sure it was locked in there but it still happened a few times? I can not figure out why? If the bottom of my hand was contacting it I would think it would push it forward not back to release?? Very strange. This happen to anyone else?

Overall, very impressed with this pistol. :)

Offline shakermountain

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the range report. I and many others here have had great luck with WWB, and I've even decided that's going to be my carry ammo too, as It just seems to have no troubles, and some of the other stuff does. After what I saw it do (passing completely thru 3/4 plywood like it was paper -and then slicing tangentally thru a 6" live alder tree behind the backstop  - at 10 yards) I'm convinced this ammo is well suited to putting down a bad guy if any of my shots hits home in a showdown.

I too had my mag drop out once on me in my first range session, with no more troubles after that. I'm not sure what caused it, but I think it's just something to be aware of and it wont happen much if at all.....Kind like how you dont bite your tongue because you know its there....most of the time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:20:14 PM by shakermountain »

OCD

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 10:31:50 AM »

Anything Maria says, I take as gospel. Henceforth, 200-250 it shall be.   8)

That's a ditto/confirmed. :)
I called and Maria stated with the new springs 200-250 rds.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »
OCD,regalka
         Welcome to the pup Forum!! 8)

Please know that there are a lot of good people here that want to know how your pups are running,and help out when we can..

It is good to have you all here!!

Once again welcome,

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline regalka

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 03:06:49 PM »
Thanks Brenden.  I'm enjoying the new "pup" and very much appreciate everyone's help.

Regards,
Ron

OCD

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
Thank you also. Good to be here. Just took it apart again and applied a little loc tite to the grip screws. They were loose after one range use of around 100 rds.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 11:43:35 PM »
Thank you also. Good to be here. Just took it apart again and applied a little loc tite to the grip screws. They were loose after one range use of around 100 rds.

One must be careful doing so,as they are easy to bugger up getting out as it is..

I would lean towards just tightening after shooting..

May be a moot point now though..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

OCD

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »
Not a problem, I have a impact wrench. ;)

I put just a pin drop of blue on each screw and have a good set of allen wrenches. I say that now, will let you know if and when I try and take them out. :o

You are probably right.

Offline regalka

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 07:03:17 PM »
Range Report: another 100 rounds (WWB) through the "pup" without a single failure.  Question: has anyone been able to remove the firing pin for more detailed cleaning?  The FP block doesn't seem to drop out the way 1911s and others do.
Thanks,
Ron