Author Topic: DVC, didn't red your PM and coud car les  (Read 3174 times)

Offline riffraff

• Master
DVC, didn't red your PM and coud car les
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:43:22 PM »
I am going to guess that it was DVC who removed his posts from the other thread.

Note to moderators.  I have been a moderator.  You really nead to disable the ability of a poster to edit or delete his own posts after 15 minutes.  This will prevent posters from screwing up threads, even very old threads that are messed up without your knowlege.  You can run the site how you want but iI strongly suggest you make this change.  I know of what I speak.  Been there, done that.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline shakermountain

• Sharpshooter
Re: DVC, didn't red your PM and coud car les
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »
Hi Mike,

Think DVC took his ball and went home. Oh well.

Drive-by posting s--ks though IMO. So I agree with you that it would be a good idea to only have moderators be able to edit posts after a certain amount of time has gone by.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:41:15 PM »
Those were a lot of words to take back.

Offline sigme

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:06:16 PM »
Did I miss a good verbal jousting match?????

Offline shakermountain

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »
Yes, my mental illness (R9's) clashed with another members (too many to mention here).

Offline IDM

• Expert
  • What you can't see can hurt you!! Predator UAV
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:41:24 AM »
Its like someone insulted his Mom or something!!lol
Bryce Proctor
Owner IDM llc
Predator and Predator B  Mfg. Engineer

Offline sigme

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:31:52 AM »
Well, not knowing what was said I guess I can't comment but generally on these boards(I've been on several) you risk unmitigated wrath by casting negative comments about the gun de joure. These boards are generally frequented by people that REALLY like that particular gun and any mention of another is anathema. I find it interesting on this board that any negative comments are not met generally with immediate maniacal rebuttal but silence....just no comment, at least for me. I mentioned once that I thought the R9 was only marginally better than the Kahr PM9 and never got another comment on the thread!!! I like both but neither hold a candle in my mind to my Sig 226, but then I can't put my 226 in my pocket either! Different tools for different jobs, yet equally as good for their intended purpose.  

Offline shakermountain

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:32 AM »
Hi Sigme,
That hasn't been my experience so far -  seems way fairer and more balanced than Fox News here.... unless one starts flaming, that is.  Hey, can you post a pic of your 226? I choose the R9 over the Kahr (and a bunch of others, including a 40 and a Warthog 45 that was sweet to look at but not so much to shoot. Been nuts about my R9 ever since I got it.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 10:11:34 AM »
We're generally a rather civilized group around this place -- opinionated and diverse, but on the whole rather civilized.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 02:44:08 PM »
We're generally a rather civilized group around this place -- opinionated and diverse, but on the whole rather civilized.   8)

Richard,
         You must be speaking just for yourself!! ;)

I too have missed the DVC stuff,or don't recall it!! (political speak)!!

I don't get here much anymore,along with some others that we know..Too bad,as new pup owners come along,some new/old problems may crop up..

Yes-I love my pups,my carry gun has been nothing but reliable.. 8)

So I don't say much I guess..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline sigme

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 08:53:38 PM »
Agreed, a civilized bunch. The silence issue was just an observation about several instances I read and wrote.Generally everyone seems very nice and DON"T get me wrong, I like and carry my R9. It is the sine quo non of pocketable 9mm's. The Kahr is not as pocketable IMHO as the R9, except maybe in my baggier weekend clothes.The R9 is the hands down winner here. I am a bit confused by your request,Shaker, for a 226 pic???. I was not implying that the R9 and the 226 were in the same catagory. The 226,although my all-time fav fighting 9mm, is in no way in the same class.It is NOT pocketable, a hip holster weapon, not for pockets except maybe for BDU's!!! Let me know if you just want a photo