Author Topic: SEECAMP .380  (Read 116701 times)

Offline hedrok

• Expert
Re: SEECAMP .380
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
I guess us "more life experienced" guys are discovering what we thought would only happen to old folks...we're getting a little creaky in the joints, too.
That said, I'd much rather have a sore finger or two than be without our stainless companions.  Either 380 or 9 is a whole lot better than throwing our keys at the BG. ::)

Besides...I can't throw worth a darn anymore.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »
Like CCW says, this is a disease, with no cure!    ;D  I like that!  Tells it like it is.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2010, 02:52:59 PM »
I've heard this "disease" includes all of the following (but not limited to) symptoms of buying, selling, trading, shooting, critiquing, loving, hating, altering, customizing, crying over (an entire sub-symptom category by itself), yearning and/or lusting for (that's when you REALLY have it bad)...and I'm sure you guys can come up with other phases of the ailment....Like the .50 cal. so nicely guarding the front door.  :o

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2010, 03:10:53 PM »
Well, just a good place for a picture, on the .50 caliber.    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
My 380 arrives at the ffl tomorrow. Hopefully it checks out ;)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2010, 03:24:55 PM »
Wonderful.  Great when a plan comes together!  These are adventurous times!    :)

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
I am working on perfecting a system of finding Seecamp 380's for sale.  Later this week I might share part of it.    ::)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »

Asking any of you who have fired one, is this like a cherry bomb exploding in your hand? I am having a hard time understanding the appeal other than the cult and rarity that fuels demand.

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »
Asking any of you who have fired one, is this like a cherry bomb exploding in your hand? I am having a hard time understanding the appeal other than the cult and rarity that fuels demand.

I don't find the recoil to be any snappier than the R9. When my pockets can not accommodate the R9, which is very often, the Seecamp goes in my pocket. The Seecamp is my everywhere firearm, whereas the R9 goes with me when it can fit. No matter what I wear, the Seecamp can always be with me when I go out. The Seecamp can easily fit in coat pockets, gym shorts, khakis, a camera case etc... The same can not be said for the R9.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:17:13 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2010, 11:19:01 PM »
IMHO, the Seecamp is as close to a perfect, small SELF-DEFENSE weapon as there is.  Virtually anyone, regardless of body type, can find a place/way to carry it concealed; it's extremely reliable with proper ammo; smooth, consistent trigger.  Add to that, excellent resale/investment value and you've got the whole package...pretty much the same as Rohrbaugh.  Both extremely high quality firearms, made with the same kind of pride that used to be the trademark of US industry.
That said, I've carried my R9 almost every day...all day...in a IWB from KD holsters...Mini Defender, I think, for 4 or 5 years.  The Seecamp(s) are for when I can't wear a concealment garment or want a back-up.
I wouldn't part with either one.

It's not as bad as a cherry bomb...but neither one is a target fun gun.  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:21:04 PM by hedrok »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »

Thanks for both of your excellent and descriptive replies.

Offline LAA

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2010, 02:51:45 AM »
LAA.  Sorry to hear of your Seecamp .380 problem.  Hope it gets cleared up.  Now, I have heard of a problem and hope it is rare.  I'll be using Silvertips, so we'll see.

Silvertips, what are those ;)  Wish I could get some . . . fwiw, some folks on the Seecamp forum have been in touch with Winchester and they were supposed to start a .32 Silvertip production run this week and will move onto .380's after they are through with .32's.

I'm confident Larry will tune up the .380 (and the .32 that I sent in with slide launching problems) and all will be good again.  The great thing about Seecamp is that the quality of their guns is only exceeded by the quality of their customer service.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2010, 07:53:34 AM »
I've got a backorder in for the .380 Silvertips from Cabela's.  Received two shipments of .45 LC's 225 gr. Silvertips last week, so looks like something is happening.  Now, for the other calibers.    :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:53:54 AM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »
My 380 arrives at the ffl tomorrow. Hopefully it checks out ;)

CCW.  Today's the day!  Hope this little jewel meets your expectations.    :)

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2010, 09:36:27 AM »

Even though I find the recoil of the LWS380 punishing I agree with the majority that it is the easiest carry pistol, due to its size, on the planet. I was very fortunate to have the great RJ Hedely make me a front pocket masterpiece for it.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.