Author Topic: SEECAMP .380  (Read 94950 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: SEECAMP .380
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »

Jesse,
Thanks for your take on it. Do you have a guesstimate as to how many Seecamps of each caliber have been produced?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2010, 07:42:12 PM »
Jesse.  Thanks for that.  I'm a happy Seecamp owner as well.  Even though the .380  had some kind of a problem, doesn't phase my likes for the Seecamp.

I have a .32 Seecamp, three Seecamp .380's, two which are new in the box and the one I got from Phil, supposedly only had fired 10 rds when I bought it; so my likes for the little gun shows.

I have called Larry three times now and got him everytime on about the first or second ring.  He always listens to what I have to say and always wants to help anyway he can.  

The first time was about ammo, the second about failure to feed on last rd, and the third about the hammer locking up.  Larry had said send it back on the second call.

Thanks again for the Seecamp comments.  I am a satisfied customer and feel sure the Phil .380 will return as new.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »
Jesse,
Thanks for your take on it. Do you have a guesstimate as to how many Seecamps of each caliber have been produced?

tracker:

Don't have a clue, but betcha' if you'll give Sandi a call at: 1-203-877-7926 she'll have the correct answer for you.  
 :)

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2010, 08:36:55 PM »
Maybe I'll do that and glad to hear I am not a weo. I think that is similar to what my English friend calls a "Wanker" but maybe more of an instant expert through wikipedia. In any case a weo is not a complimentary designation. It's amazing what can be picked up on this forum; now I have a new zinger in my verbal arsenal.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:11:07 PM by tracker »

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »
Maybe I'll do that and glad to hear I am not a weo. I think that is similar to what my English friend calls a "Wanker" but maybe more of an instant expert through wikipedia. In any case a weo is not a complimentary designation.

tracker:

Actually, I didn't imply YOU are a "weo", I said, "close but no weo"..

Many years ago there was a commercial (I have long since forgotten the details) where the punch, or "catch" phrase was "close but no weo", as in "close but no cigar"...

My attempt at wit was in that vein where I was implying "close but no cigar"...   My apology to you if you misunderstood, I meant no offense.

I tried to "google" the phrase, but couldn't get a good answer, so I guess at almost three score and ten I've apparently outlived everyone who ever saw the commercial other than myself?

I did find out that "gwi yeo WEO" is Korean for cute, but I was making no comments on your personal appearance as we have never met.
 ;)

So, again, no offense intended with my "close but no weo" comment.

Best Wishes,

jesse
"Laus Deo"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »
Jesse,
Absolutely none taken, thank you. I found out that it is "wikipedia executive officer" and loved it. Your implication of close but no cigar came through loud and clear.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:28:19 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2010, 09:35:03 PM »

Best Wishes,

Jesse

And Jesse.  Great photos of the Seecamps and this one.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2010, 09:40:23 PM »

And Jesse.  Great photos of the Seecamps and this one.    :)

kj:

Thanks..  

Here's one of my brides LWS32.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2010, 09:44:36 PM »
Excellent, Jesse, excellent!

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »
Excellent, Jesse, excellent!

kj:

Now let me show you a photo of the pistol my wife "prefers" to use as her cc choice most of the time.

And, truth be told, MY daily mousegun cc choice is the last one on the right...   It's simply SOOOO much easier to shoot, painlessly, and accurately, than my beloved LSW380...

The one in the middle of the above photo is just our "spare", but JoAnn has started using it for her "car gun".  She was always afraid someone might break in the car and steal her Seecamp and she just didn't want to chance it.  

If someone steals the LCP it's only $275.00 to replace it.  ;D

I'll be honest with you, I've come to the conclusion (and I'm a gun "name brand" snob) that the excellent little Ruger LCP is a very, very good little cc pistol.

All three of our LCP's have been perfect right out of the box, easy to shoot (read: pain free) and all three combined (not counting the CT Laser on mine) cost less than my LSW380.

Not knocking Seecamps, we love 'em..  But I'd be less than honest if I said shooting the LWS380 was pleasant, or easy on the trigger finger.

JoAnn can shoot her LWS32 just fine, but she can shoot her 380 cal. LCP "finer", and more accurately (And, the 380 makes an ever so much larger hole going in than a 32cal....)..  Go figure...

Just sayin'.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S.  But JoAnn still LOVES her Seecamp...

;) ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:28:54 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2010, 12:28:13 PM »
Jesse.  More fine photos.  I like the Ruger LCP and have one NIB, just never have taken the time to fire.  That one of your wife's with the scroll work is outstanding.  

I'm with you on the Seecamps; love 'em too.  The recoil on the .380 Seecamp doesn't bother me, as I'm used to shooting the .454 Alaskan & .454 Freedom Arms both in .300 gr. and usually a box of 50 a time in each.

Recently shot 57 rds in the Seecamp .380 without feeling any hand fatigue, however the gun did have some problems, and finally locked the hammer back as has been noted in this thread.

Again, outstanding photos of all your Seecamps and LCP's.  Thanks!

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2010, 02:14:14 PM »
Jesse.  More fine photos.  I like the Ruger LCP and have one NIB, just never have taken the time to fire.  That one of your wife's with the scroll work is outstanding.  
I'm with you on the Seecamps; love 'em too.  The recoil on the .380 Seecamp doesn't bother me, !

kj:

Honestly, shooting the LWS380 w/HydraShoks DOES bother me, but I'm an old "woose", who in my younger years was just a "younger woose"..

IMO the Seecamp trumps all other mouseguns (that I'm familiar with) in basically 2 areas..  1.  Tiny Size.  2. Quality of Construction..

Some of my jeans/trousers have smaller back pockets, and I simply cannot cc the LCP while I CAN still cc the LWS380..  So, there are times when it's the Seecamp or nuttin'..  IF the pants I'm wearing willl allow for concealment of the Crimson Trace equipped LCP logic tells me THAT's the gun to have in my back pocket.

I would never say bad things about the Seecamp, because we have 3, love 'em all, and I like to consider myself a "casual" friend (or acquintance) of Larry..  But I believe Larry would be the first to tell you that the Seecamp, by nature of it's tiny, tiny size, and no sights, NO matter how much we love 'em, simply cannot be compared to the LCP, especially when it's equipped with the CT Laser IN THE AREAS of practical accuracy, or  pain free shooting comfort...  

Or, it's like comparing "apples to oranges" and the LCP "orange" has the advantage of a laser sight too..

The Seecamp is great, but surprisingly I've found the LCP to be pretty darn great too...

And while a laser on your cc choice might not help, it WON'T hurt...

I've said many times, that IMHO, in a close up, quick confrontation, sights on ANY self defense weapon would basically be useless anyway, as you would be watching the threat, not looking for a good sight picture..  And in this situation the LCP is no better than the Seecamp, and no worse.  It's the type situation the tiny Seecamp was designed for, and in a "point and pull" situation it does the job very well.

But I have been amazed in the little LCP because the sucker is just soooo accurate (with or without the CT), and it's like the virtual commercial for the Timex watch... It just "keeps on ticking", and the purchase price is so low.  

I keep thinking about buying another one..

For the LCP you have in the box, IF you have the interest, from my personal experience, the addition of the Ruger fingertip mag extension, and the Crimson Trace Laser (@$164 or so) really make the little plastic gun a very, very good cc choice in a mousegun of 380cal.

I only shoot from THREE yards when I'm practicing with any of my mouseguns..  Other folks feel the need to shoot further out, but in a life and death situation I'm thinking 9 feet, more or less, is pretty much decision time..

So in my declining years, I've turned into a 9MM HK P2000sk kinda guy for my larger caliber cc choice, and I have a choice of either my beloved LWS380, or the CT equipped LCP to keep the left cheek butt company when I'm out and about.

Sorry to ramble, but it's what I do.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S.  In 2 photos below, of which most folks could care less, is of an "Exact Detail" 1/18 model 1967 Firebird 326 HO.  An identical replica of the first new car I ever bought and what I was driving when I met my darlin' JoAnn, and the one shown in the other photo w/JoAnn and myself.

"Laus Deo"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »
WOW!  Jesse, your taste in guns and cars are similar to my own.  I had a '77 Trans Am bought new, and recently sold it; really liked that car.

I do have the finger extension mag for the LCP as you have pictured.  I do like it; adds feel to the gun.  I do get it out once in awhile and look at it as I do others.

Great model of your first car, the '67 Firebird 326 H.O., and picture of you and your wife with the original car; and look in the back ground, a Volkswagen Bettle; had two of those.

Bringing back memories.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 05:35:24 PM by kjtrains »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2010, 05:36:07 PM »
Jessie,
    I agree the LCP is a fine little 380, I had on that had to be returned for the recall work, I never had a problem with it but wanted it brought up to the latest revision.
  I did sell mine after purchasing a Kahr P-380, it is an excellent
pocket pistol in the 380 category. Pleasant to shoot and very accurate and I added night sights to mine.
  My first car was similar to yours, a 1968 SS 350 Camaro, Hurst four speed and positraction, red with a black vinyl top.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
Laserlips - love the engraving on your LCP!

And you were not rambling, I appreciate hearing your veiws and opinions comparing the LCP to the LWS.

And guys, My second car was a '68 SS 396 Camaro in 1972.

Looks like we all had more in common than we thought.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE