Author Topic: SEECAMP .380  (Read 95084 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: SEECAMP .380
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2010, 10:24:07 PM »
Started to shoot a mag yesterday and fired the first rd and it jammed locking the hammer back.  The hammer stayed locked back.  Larry seemed to know exactly what was wrong and said, send it back, when I talked to him first thing this morning.  

deercop.  Thanks for the advice on scrubbing the chamber area.  I'll sure do that in future cleanings.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:28:14 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2010, 12:03:33 AM »
Larry said he fixed my .380 Hydra Shok feeding problem by polishing the chamber  ;D

Hope he does that to mine, after he fixes the hammer!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »
Which begs the question on a high dollar, high demand gun like the Seecamp, why didn't they do that in the first place and save everyone the aggravation?

tracker:

Respectfully I don't think that many LWS380's have such problems.

My LWS380 came reliable and self defense accurate right out of the box.  I've had it for about a year now.

If you care to peruse the www.seecamp.com forum on the sub-section dedicated to the LWS380 I don't think using the "search" function for LWS380 "problems" will get you many hits.

I will say that up to this point in my almost 68 years or life I've yet to find ANY firearms manufacturer who has a 100% reputation for "fault free" products, and that includes the fine little pocket rockets made by Larry Seecamp.

I don't care who makes it, or how much it costs.. IF a human is involved in the manufacture of whatever "it" is, then sooner or later one or more will be less than perfect.

As are humans..

Just personal opinion, no offense.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2010, 06:39:22 PM »
Jesse.  I agree.  I don't know what happened to my .380.  Larry knew what the problem was immediately.  That doesn't change my opinion of the Seecamp at all.  Stuff just happens.  I have a .32 Seecamp and love it.  

When I get the .380 back it will be just like new, so I'm not worried a bit.  

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »
I do not believe that every Seecamp chamber needs more polishing then it gets from the factory. Something on that particular peace burred the chamber.
You wouldn't want to take off too much metal.
One of the areas to keep a watchful eye out is the chamber, and keep it cleaned and lightly lubricated.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37:31 PM »
I did that with each mag fired, and still had the failure to feed on last rd.  Then, the awful thing happened with the hammer.

Oh!  Don't forget, with the first mag, all 7 rds fired, semi-rapid fire.  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:40:53 PM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »
The Phil Seecamp .380 is now on it's journey back to see Larry.  Will be there 10:30 in the morning.  I'm not in any hurry, but will be glad when it returns.  

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »
The Phil Seecamp .380 is now on it's journey back to see Larry.  Will be there 10:30 in the morning.  I'm not in any hurry, but will be glad when it returns.  

Nothing back from Seecamp? Just curious.
I'm sure it will be 100 percent when it comes back.
Let us know.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2010, 07:59:28 AM »
Not yet.  Probably will still be awhile.  Mailed the Seecamp on 6/14, they received it on 6/15; I'm thinking 6 to 8 weeks.  Definitely will provide an update when it returns.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2010, 03:21:29 PM »
That seems like a long time for a company with small production numbers, I have sent guns to S&W, Colt and Ruger and had them back sooner than that.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »
That seems like a long time for a company with small production numbers, I have sent guns to S&W, Colt and Ruger and had them back sooner than that.

John

I'm just guessing.  Maybe it will be sooner.  That would be nice.    :)

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »
Be sure to follow up. Larry forgot he had fixed the one I sent in and it sat for 3-4 extra weeks. The person I bought it from ended up buying it back.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:45:44 PM by FloridaCCW »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »

That sounds like customer service, shop, Q/A, and shipping and receiving all wrapped up in one person.

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
That sounds like customer service, shop, Q/A, and shipping and receiving all wrapped up in one person.

tracker:

Respectfully, you are close, but no "weo"..  

The Seecamp Company IS pretty much a "one man" business, or more precisely a "one man", "one first sgt" setup, (the 1st Sgt. being the office manager, Sandi).

The fact that each Seecamp pistol is massaged at the later stages of production takes a lot of Larry's time, and he's only one man..  He does have others working for him, but he's the honcho, boss, whatever, and by his personal nature he's a "hands on" kinda guy.

Add to the fact that there is a tremendous demand for his product, in fact a back log for both the 32's and 380's (more so with the 380's) he pretty much has a full plate.

Despite all this I don't think you'll find very many unhappy Seecamp pistol owners..  I didn't say "NO unhappy Seecamp owners" because there will always be a few folks who simply cannot be made happy, about anything.

I honestly believe as far as customer satisfaction goes, if you could check it out I believe Larry Seecamp would have a very, very good rating.

I know you can call the President of the Seecamp Company almost anytime on his cell phone if you are having a problem with a Seecamp pistol and Larry will be available to listen to your woes.

Nothing made by man is ever gonna be perfect, and that will hold true with the fine Seecamp pistol..  But I honestly believe that no matter what problem you have with one of his pistols, Larry WILL be there for you.

If he's not "there" for you fast enough it's not because he's off fishing, or watching the new shows at Vegas I guarantee you that.

No offense to you, I'm a dedicated Seecamp "homer" so I'm not an unbiased person on this subject.

I will say my wife and I have 3 Seecamp pistols between us, and every one has been perfect from the get-go..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

;)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:22:52 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
Be sure to follow up. Larry forgot he had fixed the one I sent in and it sat for 3-4 extra weeks. The person I bought it from ended up buying it back.

WOW!  I never would have thought that.  I'll be sure and do the follow up.  Thanks.