Author Topic: email from Top Gun, P7 back in stock  (Read 19712 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: email from Top Gun, P7 back in stock
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 12:24:35 AM »
Gene,
  My pup was at Robar for exactly six weeks.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 12:28:13 AM »
Sounds like you made a good move there, Gene!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 12:59:38 AM »
Oh!  And Robar will definitely look great!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32:08 PM »
     I was looking thru Robar's web site a while ago and noticed something I hadn't seen before. They say that when you have the gun finished in NP3 or NP3plus that you should should lube the gun as usual for the first 2 or 3 hundred rds. Kind of a "break-in period". After that you only need to lube a couple places. I really don't understand how you can break something in if it isn't wearing. Oh well, I'll mention it to them next time I talk to them. Back to waiting, more later.    Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »
How about it John!    :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2010, 09:43:23 PM »
Gene,
  I have maintained my normal lube procedure (sparingly) and have passed the 200rd. mark since having the pup Robared. The thing I like is the ease of cleaning. most everything just wipes off with a dry cloth.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »
Same here, very light lube for my two: P7 and 1911.  Had them done at the same time and it took just at 8 weeks.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2010, 08:19:54 PM »
The pup took 6 weeks, which is the time they quoted me.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
That's good to know.  Sounds like they're right on schedule.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »
     Update on the P7.... got an email from MacTec and a snail mail from Robar today. MacTec said the Nill grips had shipped and would be here in 3-5 days. The mail from Robar was an order confirmation form. It confirmed that my gun was in their possession and "the work is scheduled for processing". Their estimated time of completion Dec.23, but they stressed that that was only an estimate. I hope to have it home for Christmas. ;D They also gave me a list of work to be done and an estimated price. I kinda like the way they do business.     Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »
Gene,
   That will be a great if you get it by Christmas, a real stocking stuffer. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »
Gene.  Good to hear the news; a great Christmas present.    :)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »
     Well, the Nill grips showed up in the mail yesterday, and once again the USPS did it's best to hose me. This time they didn't succeed. The box for the priority mail (which you buy at the post office) was crushed almost flat. It looked as tho it had been either stepped on or run over by something heavy. Fortunately MacTec had wrapped the grips pretty well in heavy wrapping paper and they survived. I guess this just proves that no matter how incompetant you are if you have a government monoply any organization can survive. Oh well, rant over, the grips are safe. Now I can go back to waiting on the gun. Happy holidays everyone.        Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »
Gene,
   Glad to hear despite there best effort to screw up your Holiday they were unsuccessful. ;D
  Hope you have a Happy Holiday too.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 08:40:25 PM »
Happy holidays, Gene.  Glad the grips made it to your mailbox.  Hope the gun comes soon.