Author Topic: Newest Taurus Judge 4510 TCR Scaled Down  (Read 6514 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Newest Taurus Judge 4510 TCR Scaled Down
« on: October 17, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »
The newest version of the Taurus Judge Public Defender available in carbon steel or stainless steel with reduced profile hammer and with the option of a Titanium cylinder.

http://www.taurususa.com/2009newcatalog/?catalog_page=12
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Newest Taurus Judge 4510 TCR Scaled Down
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:38:55 PM »
Taurus is not on my list of high quality firearms but it sure looks like they generated a market with the Judge.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 03:54:43 PM »
I do like the Judge!  Fun to shoot and has a unique purpose.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 04:08:41 PM »

One of the last times I shot a .410 was when I snapped the trigger on an "unloaded" shotgun inside my grandmother's new Pontiac with the windows rolled up. The headliner was ruined, there was a small hole through the metal roof, and my grandmother was not a happy camper. The insurance man said he had never seen anything quite like that.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 04:28:03 PM »
Whoa!  That sounds like the time, at age 12, when I came home from school, both parents still at work, I got my 12 guage pump shot gun out.  Decided to practice cocking the 12 guage  as fast as I could with 2 dummy shells and the last being a live shell;  thinking I could remember not to pull the trigger on the live shell.  (Very cold outside, so practiced inside).  Stood in my bedroom, aiming at the double window in the kitchen, practiced several times remembering not to pull the trigger on the 3rd round.  Then the brain did a disconnect and I blew out the middle of the double window.  My dad was not a happy camper either.  Luckily my Dad was good at fixing anything, and within a week had the window replaced as good as new.  

I learned a valuable lesson from that experience.  Don't trust your brain to remember something you shouldn't be doing.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 06:54:04 PM »

Me, too; I was ten when I put the Pontiac to lift-off stage. It was not uncommon for ten year old boys to have their own shotguns and .22 rifles in East Texas in those days. My grandfather, a country doctor, kept his beautiful  S&W .38 special in a locked built-in cabinet. I discovered that if I bounced a basketball off the door several times the door would open. I shot that .38 on more than one solo occasion, also.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »
We, indeed, learned at lot at an early age.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »
I hear that, Tracker! When I was nine years old in Oklahoma (circa 1946), my widowed mother gave me my deceased father's Winchester Model 1906 .22-caliber rifle, taught me the rules of gun safety and how to shoot, enrolled me in the NRA, and turned me loose on the banks of the Arkansas River to supplement our larder. I can still recall riding through town to the Western Auto store with the rifle tied with leather boot laces across the handle bars of my bicycle, stopping at the store to purchase a box of shells, and then heading out to the river to hunt small game along the sandbars and thickets of some land owned by family friends. No one gave me so much as a second look at the time.

In the words of the late Peter Sellers in one of his comedy routines -- words which seem more sad than amusing in the present context, "It is not everything, I fear, which has changed for the better."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »
No telling what havoc we could have wreaked with a weapon like the Judge.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 11:35:33 PM »
It's interesting how the "Judge" is such a big thing and doing so well.

When it originally came out under a different manufacturer and name, the Thunder Five back in the early 90's, no one gave it a second look.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 12:05:10 AM »
I think it is all in appearance and marketing. The Thunder Five was ugly as a stick and had a thin marketing effort; also, 3 inch .410s kick like a mule. The name "Judge" has some appeal and is a part of a major marketing push by Taurus. I am curious about the percentage of 2 1/2" .410s packed in it compared to the .45 long colt option.

Wonder how many would have sold if it had been named, "The Executioner."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 12:25:37 AM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »
Good question!  Maybe more.